Providing A Variety Of Consumer Protection Services
Consumer protection law regulates private legal relationships between individual consumers and the businesses that sell those goods and services. The Ruiz Law Firm, PLLC, offers a wide range of consumer protection services, including, but not necessarily limited to, product liability, privacy rights, fraud, unfair business practices, misrepresentation, and many other consumers/business interactions.
How Consumer Fraud Laws Can Protect You
Consumer fraud laws regulate the way businesses may advertise, market and sell their products and services to consumers. Generally, these laws prohibit deception in dealing with consumers. Deceptive acts include misrepresentation involving product performance or capability; offering one product or service but delivering another; false advertising; high-pressure sales tactics; and the use of form contracts and fine print to mislead consumers, etc.
We Help Consumer Protection Defendants And Consumers With Consumer Protection Claims
The United States and each state have consumer protection laws designed to protect consumers from fraud, deceptive practices and defective products, among others. The following list of laws has been designed to protect consumers with various concerns:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Credit Billing Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Consumer Product Safety Act
- United States National Do Not Call Registry Act
- Pure Food and Drug Act
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
These consumer protection agencies help safeguard consumers in the state of Texas:
- Federal Trade Commission
- Federal Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Federal Communications Commission
- Texas Attorney General
- Dallas Country District Attorney
- Harris County District Attorney
- Texas Department of Banking
- Texas Department of Insurance
- Texas State Securities Board
- Texas Public Utility Commission
You deserve legal protection from harmful business practices. Our legal team can work with you to help navigate the above resources and get the compensation or justice you deserve.
Learn How We Can Help; Call Today
When you need a consumer protection attorney, contact attorney Ruiz at (832) 770-8091 or send us a message through the website.